Friday, December 1, 2017

Barack Obama talks about
social media

Barack Obama told an audience in New Delhi that he uses spellcheck and punctuation:

“Which my daughters think is odd. They were explaining to us how if you put a period at the end of a sentence it sounds harsh. I said, ‘No, that’s English. That’s how you know the thought is finished.’”

He said he sees people getting in trouble for their tweets, and says they should follow the old advice of thinking before you speak: “Think before you tweet,” Obama said. “Same principle.”

He said social media is a powerful tool, for both good and ill. “And look, I’ve got 100 million Twitter followers. I actually have more than other people who use it more often.”

comments: 1

The Crow said...

HA! Oh, how I miss having him as President.

Maybe I'll start thinking of him the way I think about my 39th birthday: both are the last ones that matter; the last good ones.