Saturday, December 24, 2016

Caroline, no!

Billboard reports that the Beach Boys are considering an invitation to perform at an upcoming presidential inauguration. This photograph and some recent history make me think that the response to this invitation will be yes we will Yes. And I suspect that members of Mike Love and Bruce Johnston’s supporting cast will not be allowed to opt out. They are not Rockettes.

I long ago learned, with some exceptions, to separate the art from the artist. So I won’t be burning my LPs and CDs. But this news is just one more dab of awful in awful times.

comments: 5

Pete said...

I guess you just weren't made for these times.

Fresca said...

Like Stallone turning down a post, I wonder how many musicians have already refused this invitation...

Michael Leddy said...

Maybe we’re headed for Mike Love as head of the NEA.

Frex said...

...or Veterans Affairs?

Michael Leddy said...

I think he’d be best suited for Secretary of Enmity. He has a lot of experience there.