Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Mark Trail retort


[Mark Trail, July 11, 2015.]

Mark needs a boat. His editor Bill Ellis points out that the last one the magazine paid for got blown to bits. Mark’s reply offers a joyous philosophy of life: “Ha! . . . That wasn’t exactly my fault!” I’m not sure about the ellipsis though. How long to pause? Must practice.

Related reading
All OCA Mark Trail posts (Pinboard)

comments: 2

CHasm said...

I'm beginning to wonder if Allen is trolling you by deliberately updating the "recycled" Mark-on-the-phone panel from your July 6 post.

Michael Leddy said...

I think most (all?) comic strips are created weeks in advance, so I would guess that the recycling was in the can, so to speak, a while ago. StatCounter gives me no reason to think James Allen is reading. But who knows? Like facial hair for villains, recycling is a Mark Trail tradition: maybe Allen feels he owes it to readers to keep it going.