Monday, February 3, 2014

Waxtex!


[Life, November 2, 1942. Click for a fresher view.]

The guy seems more interested in the paper than in the sandwich. But heck, it’s Waxtex!

The Menasha Corporation is still going.

Related posts
The dowdiest wrap in the kitchen
From the Wax Paper Institute, Inc.

comments: 5

Slywy said...

I wonder if Miley Cyrus saw this? Nah . . .

Michael Leddy said...

I had to look at the ad again to figure out what you meant. And now I can’t unsee it. Yikes!

Slywy said...

I'm afraid that waxed paper (Cutrite?) will disappear from the shelves someday. I associate it, along with Calumet, with my mother. (I also use it sometimes.) I wonder if there's a demographic that sees it on the shelves and doesn't know what it's for?

Oh, and those paper cup liners for cupcake/muffin pans.

Slywy said...

Wanted to add that I appreciate the italicized "stay" -- they don't just taste fresher, heck, they STAY fresher. Take that, copy!

Michael Leddy said...

Kudos to the ad writer, not willing to trust to superficial factors like taste and appearance.

I’m sure there are some customers who have no idea what these things are. But there are still younger adults who get into baking and such. I hope these products will be around for some time yet.