Monday, April 7, 2008

Spam names

In the spam folder recently: Horace Fish, Madge Herring, Jewell Mayo, and Ham, just Ham.

Related posts
Achilles and stochastic
English professor spam
The folks who live in the mail
Great names in spam
Introducing Rickey Antipasto
The poetry of spam
Spam names

comments: 4

JuliaR said...

You must have been surfing some food sites lately! I wish I could feel magnanimous about spam and look for the fun in it but I loathe spammers and everything they stand for. I wonder if I will ever meet one in the flesh and find out they are ordinary people after all. How could one live one's life and never say to another what one does for a living (or a hobby)? Somebody somewhere must know (or must be) a spammer.

I just checked my Trash file and there were:
Fabio Trent
Bud Workman
Freida Askew

They could be characters in a novel.

Michael Leddy said...

I loathe them too, but I like the absurdity of the names their software cranks out. Freida must be Laverne Askew's sister!

Sara said...

Ham?

Why not spam?

Have you ever gotten spam from Spam?

Michael Leddy said...

Spam from SPAM reminds me of the Woody Guthrie song "I'm Gonna Mail Myself to You":

I'm gonna wrap myself in paper
I'm gonna dot myself with glue
Stick some stamps on top of my head
I'm gonna mail myself to you