Sunday, February 24, 2008

A New York Times correction

The Corrections page of the New York Times is semi-reliably entertaining:

An article last Sunday about Sandra Boynton, the children's book author and greeting card creator, quoted incorrectly the final part of a passage from her book “Barnyard Dance!” It is “Bow to the horse. Bow to the cow. Twirl with the pig if you know how,” not “Bow to the horse if you know how.”
Related posts
A correction
A correction (Yes, another)
Fit to print
"I'll take the soup"
Men and women?
Soy milk, New York Times, and Wikipedia
VINYL GAFFE, LEDDY CHARGES

comments: 5

  said...

As Thurber once riposted to Ross, in response to an editing note from Ross, "Bow, for god's sake, wow!"

-somewhere in "The Years With Ross" by James Thurber

Eustace Bright said...

I love that book. :)

  said...

Eustace, I do too! For me it is one of those rare books that I can read again and again every year or so and still enjoy it.

Michael Leddy said...

Lesle and Joe, your comments got me thinking about Joseph Mitchell, and I just ordered Up in the Old Hotel. Are you fans?

Eustace Bright said...

I'm not familiar with Up in the Old Hotel. I'm curious...